An impressive group of historic Ligier Automotive vehicles for the Masters Endurance Legends at Silverstone
26 – 28 August 2022 - Eight Ligier Automotive's historic sports prototypes, five Ligier JS P3s, one Ligier JS P2 and two Pescarolo LMP1s, gathered at the iconic Silverstone circuit in England for the seventh meeting of the 2022 Masters Endurance Legends. This circuit has a special significance in Ligier Automotive's history, with multiple victories and podiums in LMP1, LMP2 and LMP3 between 2011 and 2019 in the World Endurance Championship and the European Le Mans Series. And these sports prototypes again excelled this past weekend in the two races of the Masters Endurance Legends.
More than thirty racing cars participated in the Silverstone Classic Masters Endurance Legends. The grid included six LMP1s, six LMP2s and five LMP3s, all of which were historic cars that have passed their ACO competition homologation date. Among the cars entered, Ligier Automotive had an impressive lineup with two Pescarolo LMP1s (from the OAK Racing team - OAK Racing and Onroak Automotive became Ligier Automotive in January 2019), the #10 driven by Timothy Da Silva and the #99 driven by Jamie Constable. Also on the bill was a Ligier JS P2, the #50 driven by Stuart Wiltshire, and five Ligier JS P3s, the #15 of Stephan Jöbstl and Andy Willis, the #41 of Robert Hall, the #52 of Ron Maydon and Craig Davies, the #44 of Neil Glover and Jason Green, the #70 of Marcus Jewell and Ben Clucas.
The weekend kicked off on 26 August with a 45-minute qualifying session. The #10 Pescarolo LMP1 set the second fastest time of 1:48.596s behind a Peugeot 90X. The #50 Ligier JS P2 of gentleman driver Stuart Wiltshire qualified fourth overall and second in the LMP2 category behind the Lola-Mazda B12/80 of professional driver Michael Lyons. With its fastest lap of 1:52.421s, the #50 Ligier JS P2 was ahead of three other LMP1 cars. The #15 Ligier JS P3 of Stephan Jöbstl and Andy Willis won the pole in the LMP3 category with a time of 1:56.664s.
The following day, the competitors lined up for the first 40-minute race. Jamie Constable won race one in the #99 Pescarolo LMP1. Stuart Wiltshire finished sixth overall and second in class in his Ligier JS P2, behind the LMP1s and Lola-Mazda. The #70 Ligier JS P3 of Marcus Jewell and Ben Clucas took top honours in LMP3 and finished tenth overall.
The second and final race of the Masters Endurance Legends took place on Sunday. This time the #10 Pescarolo LMP1 of Timothy De Silva finished second. The #50 Ligier JS P2 had another excellent performance finishing sixth overall and second in class. Stuart Wiltshire, who started in the championship with the Ligier JS P2 this season, is currently sixth in the provisional classification. "My races have gone very well," said Stuart Wiltshire. "It's a fantastic result to finish ahead of some LMP1 cars, sixth overall and second in the LMP2 class in both races. The Ligier JS P2 is a great car, the best I've driven so far. It's easy to set a good lap in it, and at the same time, it's very predictable and consistent."
In LMP3, Robert Hall and his #41 Ligier JS P3 crossed the finish line in a respectable eighth place overall, leading the class.
These are impressive results for the Ligier Automotive sports prototypes, which had already distinguished themselves in their earlier life on this same circuit.
Historic vehicle results at Silverstone
- LMP1 Pescarolo
- 2011: Third place (OAK Racing) in World Championship
- Ligier JS P2
- 2015: Pole position, victory and podium, fastest race lap (G-Drive Racing) in World Championship
- 2016: Victory (RGR Sport by Morand) and podium (Tequila Patron ESM), fastest race lap (Tequila Patron ESM) World Championship
- 2016: Podium (SO24 ! by LombardR), fastest race lap (Panis Barthez Compétition) in European Le Mans Series
- Ligier JS P3
- 2016: Pole position (360 Racing), Ligier victory and podium sweep (United Autosports / United Autosports / Graff Racing) in European Le Mans Series
- 2017: Pole position (AT Racing), Ligier victory and podium sweep (United Autosports / Ultimate / United Autosports) in European Le Mans Series
- 2018: Pole position (Eurointernational), victory (United Autosports) et podium (Nielsen Racing) in European Le Mans Series
- 2019: Ligier victory and podium sweep (Eurointernational / Inter Europol Competition / United Autosports), fastest race lap (Eurointernational) in European Le Mans Series
For the complete results of the Silverstone Classic, CLICK HERE.
For more information on our historic vehicles, contact: email@example.com