IMSA: Riley, the championship leaders, and Jr III Racing score a double podium at Indianapolis
Round 6 of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship was held at Indianapolis from 15 to 17 September. For the very first time, the Ligier JS P320s raced on this legendary track in Indiana, the second oldest in the world in the history of motor sport. Riley's #74 finished second and maintained its lead in the LMP3 standings. Jr III Racing put on a great performance with pole position for the #29 and third place in the race for the #30.
• Saturday 16th September: the #29 Ligier JS P320 entered by Jr III Racing took pole position. Bijoy Garg, leader of the IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge, set the fastest lap in the LMP3 category in a time of 1:20.513s.
• The start was given on Sunday in the early afternoon. The #29 Ligier JS P320 maintained its advantage at the head of the category for around thirty laps until it was overtaken by #38 run by Performance Tech Motorsports crewed by Alexander Koreiba and Connor Bloum.
• The second Jr III Racing car, #30 in the hands of Garrett Grist and Nolan Siegel, then took over first place, which it held for 30 laps before falling back to second.
• Qualified eighth, the #74 Riley Ligier JS P320 driven by Gar Robinson and Josh Burdon, the current championship leaders, made an excellent comeback to third. It then got past #30 to snatch second place.
• After being temporarily relegated to fourth by the #54 MLT Motorsports Ligier JS P320 of Jason Rabe and Dakota Dickerson, the #30 managed to secure third place on the podium.
• Riley's #74 Ligier JS P320 crossed the finishing line in second spot followed by #30 run by Jr III Racing.Riley maintains its lead in the championship with 1838 points.
The title of LMP3 Champion in IMSA WeatherTech will be decided in the final round at Road Atlanta on 11-14 October.
For the race results, CLICK HERE.
For more information about the JS P320, CLICK HERE.