IMSA VP Racing SportsCar: Another double pole and double victory for Jr III Racing!
Five Ligier JS P320s met up at the VIRginia International Raceway from 25 to 27 August to do battle in the sixth round of the IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge. Jr III Racing's #3 and its driver Bijoy Garg put on another scintillating display dominating the meeting including free practice, qualifying (double pole) and races (double victory). Performance Tech Motorsports' #7 finished second in race 2.
• On Friday 25th August, Bijoy Garg at the wheel of the #3 Ligier JS P320 run by Jr III Racing set the fastest times in the two free practice sessions with a lap in 1:41.931s in session 1 followed by a 1:41.841s lap in session 2.
• The following day, the #3 Ligier JS P320 put on stunning performances in both qualifying sessions. Garg was fastest in Q1 in 1:41.579s and then topped the time sheets in Q2 in 1:41.609s. It is #3's fourth consecutive pole position since the start of the season!
• The first sprint race took place the same day. Garg in the #3 Ligier JS P320 drove a faultless race and led from start to finish. He also set the fastest lap in a time of 1:43.369s.
• The second race was held on Sunday 27th August. Garg continued his weekend's domination and added a sixth victory to his tally (his third double victory of the season). Performance Tech Motorsports's #7 driven by Alex Kirby finished second.
• “Really happy to win and happy to extend our points lead even further,” Bijoy Garg said. “I think we're in a very good spot with the points. It's easier to defend a points lead in my opinion than to overhaul one.”
• The #3 Jr III Racing Ligier JS P320 still leads the championship and has accumulated a total of 3300 points.
Only one more round to go in the IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge. The curtain will fall on the 2023 championship season on 14th October at the Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta.
For the results of race 1, CLICK HERE.
For the results of race 2, CLICK HERE.
For more information about the Ligier JS P320, CLICK HERE.