F4 U.S. Championship: an action-packed second meeting at Road America for the Ligier JS F4s!
Around 30 Ligier JS F4s arrived at the Road America circuit for the second round of the F4 U.S. Championship from 18 to 21 May. The #27 Ligier JS F4 entered by Crosslink Kiwi Motorsport (races 1 and 3) and #19 run by Jay Howard Driver Development (race 2) shared the victories.
• The #9 Gonella Racing Ligier JS F4 driven by Carl Bennett set the fastest time in free practice on Friday 19th May with a lap in 2:21.465s.
• On Saturday 20th May, Jesse Lacey at the wheel of the #16 Crosslink Kiwi Motorsport Ligier JS F4 clinched pole position with the best lap in 2:17.924s.
• Patrick Woods-Toth won the weekend's first race in the #27 Crosslink Kiwi Motorsport Ligier JS F4. Woods-Toth who started second on the grid passed his team-mate Jesse Lacey and went on to score his maiden victory in the championship.
• Sunday 21st May, Frankie Mossman in the #6 Ligier JS F4 entered by Jay Howard Driver Development crossed the finishing line in first place in race 2. But he was penalised for jumping the start and handed victory to Michael Costello in #19. It was the Jay Howard Driver Development driver's first victory in F4!
• Patrick Woods-Toth in the #27 Ligier JS F4 scored his second victory of the weekend in heat 3 racking up his fifth podium finish in six races. “I think it's a well-deserved win; I'm happy. It's awesome to be back in Victory Lane” said the young Canadian who is now in the lead in the overall classification.
The third round will take place on 22 - 25 June at Mid-Ohio.
To read the full article on race 1, CLICK HERE.
To read the full article on race 2, CLICK HERE.
To read the full article on race 3, CLICK HERE.
For more information about the Ligier JS F4, CLICK HERE.