IMSA VP Racing Sportscar Challenge: with a double pole and double victory, Jr III Racing crushes its rivals at Sebring!
On 11 and 12 March, the #3 Ligier JS P320 entered by Jr III Racing gave its rivals in the IMSA VP Racing Sportscar Challenge no quarter on the Sebring International Raceway. In the second round of the championship, Bijoy Garg at the wheel of the LMP3 Ligier clinched a double pole position and went on to win both races hands down in which he also set the fastest lap!
• The #3 Ligier JS P320 entered by Jr III Racing topped the time sheets in free practice 1 with Bijoy Garg posting the fastest lap in a time of 1:57.958s.
• Later on in the day, the #3 Ligier JS P320 clinched a double pole position dialing in the quickest time in session 1 in 1:56.854s and put on a repeat performance in session 2 in 1:57.099s.
• The start of race 1 was given in the early morning on Sunday. Garg in the #3 Ligier JS P320 drove a flawless race leading from start to finish giving Jr III Racing its first victory in an IMSA championship. In addition, he set the fastest lap in the race in 1:57.258s.
• At the start of race 2, Garg in the #3 Ligier JS P320 was pushed back to second place. But he was galvanised by his victory in the morning and he took the lead at the half-distance mark by slicing past his rival. He went on to score his second victory of the day and again clinched the fastest lap in the race in a time of 1:57.903s.
• “It feels great to go back-to-back this weekend,” said Garg. “It has given me a lot of confidence for the rest of the year. Today was special though because not only did I get my first sports car win, but we also scored Jr III Racing's first IMSA win! The team brought a great car for me and I really appreciate all their hard work. We had two different types of wins today, the first win was all about pace and the second win was about passing. Overall we had a really good weekend and I'm really happy about having the fastest car all weekend.”
The next round of the IMSA Racing Sportscar Challenge will be held on 7 - 9 July in the Chevrolet Grand Prix meeting in the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
To consult the results of race 1, CLICK HERE.
To consult the results of race 2, CLICK HERE.
For more info about the Ligier JS P320, CLICK HERE.